Joining SfAM is easy. There are several membership levels and each has an associated range of benefits. Use the following information to decide what level of membership is right for you and then simply click 'Join Online' in the left hand menu.
Alternatively, contact us for more information or download an application form which also details the membership levels and associated benefits.
For further information:
Email: The Membership & Finance Co-ordinator.
Write to: Society for Applied Microbiology, Bedford Heights, Brickhill Drive, Bedford, MK41 7PH, UK.
Or call us, Tel: +44 (0)1234 326661
Membership Form 2014
- The opportunity to apply for one of our many grants or funds.
- Eligibility to win any of our awards or nominate a candidate for the SfAM Communications Award.
- Access to our five peer-reviewed journals: Journal of Applied Microbiology (JAM), Letters in Applied Microbiology (LAM), Environmental Microbiology (EMI), Microbial Biotechnology (MB)* and Environmental Microbiology Reports (EMIR)*.
- Free access to the entire collection of digitized back files for JAM & LAM dating back to 1938.
- A topical quarterly magazine ‘Microbiologist’.
- Substantially reduced rates for attendance at SfAM meetings and conferences.
- Networking with worldwide professionals in over 80 countries.
- Access to private members’ area of the SfAM website.
- Monthly email bulletins with the latest news from SfAM.
- Invitation to the annual Environmental Microbiology Lecture.
- Fostering cross disciplinary research.
- A 35% discount on Wiley-Blackwell’s extensive collection of book titles.
*Available online only
- Full Ordinary Member: offers all the benefits as listed above.
- Full Student Member: offers the same benefits as Full Ordinary membership at a specially reduced rate for full time students not in receipt of a taxable salary.
- Associate Member: is only open to those with an interest in applied microbiology without it being a prime aspect of their job. For example, school teachers and those taking a career break, on maternity leave or working temporarily in other areas. It does not provide access to journals or Society grants or awards.
- eAffiliate Member: is open to those living and working in certain countries. Email email@example.com for further informaton.
There is no charge for eAffiliate membership.
- eStudent Member: is open to undergraduates with an interest in microbiology irrespective of their country or residence. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
There is no charge for eStudent membership.
- Honorary Member: is only available to those invited to become an Honorary Member by the President of the Society.
- Retired Member: is available to Full Members who retire from their positions but would like to remain involved in Society activities.